About Me

My photo
Be The Good: Believe there is good in the world.

Friday, February 16, 2018

COE Plastic-Free Lent

A friend posted this article about the Church of England going "plastic free" for Lent. I don't practice Lent, but this is such a great idea!

So I'm sharing today's tip from their calendar:

Bring your own reusable bags Plastic bags and produce bags in particular are often used for minutes before being discarded. Most plastic bags are not recycled, ending up in landfills.

Great tip -- how do you remember to use your totes? I keep mine in the trunk of the car and try to be mindful about my errands. I think, "OK, what am I doing? I'm going shopping. So I need to a) stick to my list, b) resist impulse buys, and c) bring my reusable bags."

It's a simple exercise with a big impact. And when you get home, it's important to empty your bags and put them by the door (or directly back into the trunk).

Another suggestion is to keep them in your passenger seat as a visual cue.

You can also get small bags that fold up and/or clip onto your purse for those quick, impulse trips to the drug store, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment